May 29, 2009

Asters on the Keweenaw

I've been totally worthless with this blog for a while. In the months gone by, my daughter Miranda and son-in-law Art, both of whom have made a number of appearances here, had their first child, who is Marsha's and my first grandchild, Aster Davis, born March 15, 2009. She's a sweetheart. We haven't seen her for a couple months now, but we're soon heading north for a summer in Copper Harbor, where we'll see her every day. For Miranda and all, I offer this shot of a bunch of asters on Keweenaw Point late last summer as a way to get myself started again. I told Mir a couple molnths back that I had a number of nice shots of asters, and now I'll be taking lots more, no doubt. I'll work on putting up a photo of the single new Aster soon.

2 comments:

Kev said...

Hey Ben, glad to see you are blogging again. If you don't mind I referenced your book and blog on my latest post (yes I am still blogging; it is habit now). Theh book looks good. How much of it is autobiographical?

I plan on coming up to the UP next summer for the family reunion. See you then.

Unknown said...

Hey, Ben!

Sorry we missed you before you left to go back Down State. I bought your book at the Queen store the other day and I'm really enjoying it!!! Congratulations, hope you're selling lots of them!

Hope we see you next year, we're up on Thursday of Labor Day Weekend.

Kathy Ihde
aka Farley's mom (you know, Mir's hairy little monkey boyfriend)