May 17, 2007

Michigan's State Capitol Building

It's just about time for me to head north to Copper Harbor for the summer season. But before I leave (Marsha and the boys to follow at the end of school), my sister Jo came down for a visit with her son Griffin, first time in 13 years, she calculated, that she had been down to our place in Okemos. She did a lot of shopping, as is her wont, but she took a little time to take in a few of the local sights, such as the State Capitol Building in downtown Lansing. The evening had turned quite chilly, two weeks back, even for southern Michigan. But we parked the car and walked up the steps to the front doors and tried to stay warm in a harsh northeast breeze. I got this shot of (l to r) Jo, Logan, Marsha, and my daughter Miranda, down from CH for a week to work at a dog breeding place that she likes to spend time at. This was an interesting test for my camera, the Canon Digital Rebel. I used a flash, but I was standing some 50 feet in front of the group. The shot came out almost entirely black, but I used Photoshop to get what I could out of the black photo, and I think the results are at least a decent record of the event, which is the purpose of most family shots.

1 comment:

Capt. Donald Kilpela Sr. said...

Jocelyn and Grif came away from Lansing energized and excited. You were good hosts as usual. Your sister Lisa was mighty disappointed that she couldn't come but I,m certaoin she'll find a way as soon as she can.

We are looking forward to your return to Copper Harbor. Bring some warm weather, eh.

The Queen is well underway and she is looking exceptionally sharp.

John, Don and Jaime took her out today. I went last friday with Ken Twardzik but it was too cold on the island to do much of anything.

Dad