Dec 20, 2007

Winters on Hunters Point

The snow has been heavy from time to times this December up in Copper Harbor, according to Internet reports and reports home from my daughter Miranda Davis, who lives up there year round. But the forecast is calling for some drizzle or even light rain over the next day or two. I haven't been up there since the early fall, but I do have a shot of the Hunters Point Preserve from a couple years ago, taken on a day of fairly wet snow, when the temps were in the high 20s. If the pictures from the coast I've been seeing lately are close to a true indication of conditions right now, this photo is probably fairly close to what things look like up on the Superior coast outside Copper harbor as of now. This is one my favorite pictures of the coast in winter time. It was taken on my old Olympus digital on one of those brooding days, when the skies were dark and the wet snow was spitting and the waves were coming in with only moderate force, the wind having eased up for a day. The days are short, too. If I recall rightly, this was taken about 4:00 in the afternoon, and it was already getting close to sunset and darkness.

No comments: