Feb 12, 2008

Red Cedar Snow-Shoeing

A few weeks back I told you that I was going to take Logan snow-shoeing in the near future, and we did go out a a couple times a couple weekends ago. We've had other opportunities, but, believe it or not, the weather has been downright frigid and dangerously windy. This shot is from a hike we took in Legg Park, which is a Meridian Township park a few miles from our home in Okemos. It's a place I have explored and photographed on dozens of occasions over the years. The boys and I have taken many walks along this river. I even hiked here with Miranda many times in the past. I wonder how much she remembers of those hikes. The Red Cedar River is pictured here. Before going through the MSU campus and meeting up with the Grand River on its way to Lake Michigan, the Red Cedar courses through this park and Riverfront Park next door. Log is standing in his new high-tech snowshoes on a shelf of ice on the river. No need to worry. The ice was pretty thick and the river rather shallow at this location. I will put up a shot of Log's plunge into the river at another location in the very near future.

No comments: