Jun 21, 2007

Harry

My younger brother, Captain John Kilpela, has one of the famous dogs of Copper Harbor, a Jack Russell terrier (short breed) who goes by the name of Harry. They live in a cabin in town behind Ragamuffins Clothing and Gifts. One night I was hanging out at John's while Harry was taking his nightly constitutional out in the yard. Harry spends a lot of his time out in the yard waiting for a certain chipmunk to come out of the woodpile behind the house next door, my brother Don's place. This is a shot of Harry studying the woodpile as night comes in. I was a bit jealous of Harry a couple years back, since I would sometimes walk down the street with him and find people running out of their motel rooms to say hello while paying no attention to me at all. Visitors even knew his name, like an old friend, though they had no idea who I was.

No comments: