Sep 27, 2007

Pokemon Stickers

Before we get too far down the road of time, I want to go back to a shot I took in the late spring and neglected to post. It marks a transition that has been continuing through the year in the life of our family. Logan has gone into high school and Drew into middle school, and they are both off to fairly good starts in their new educational surroundings. This photo is of Logan in May, when I rented a construction dumpster to get rid of all the old windows and doors that I have been removing from the house as I finish replacing old fixtures with new. This window frame with the window pane still intact was from Logan's bedroom. It was just about to get toosed into the dumpster with all the rest when I realized that it was from his room. That wasn't hard to figure out, since the glass was covered with Pokemon stickers that he had pasted on when we was in second grade or so. Pokemon was the rage during Logan's elementary years, but the boys tell me it is making a bit of comeback nowadays, and all their Pokemon cards and trinkets might actually be worth a little bit, if they'd take care of them. But these faded stickers are now at the top of the Grand Ledge landfill, almost surely never to be seen again, just as Logan's childhood is becoming a rapidly more disatant memory.

No comments: