Jan 25, 2008

The Family

O.K., let's conclude this recent series of Copper Harbor photos with a shot of my family. That's me on the left, Captain Ben. Then there is Drew, my wife Marsha, Logan, Miranda Davis, holding her dog Capone, the husky-shepherd, Gus, and then Art, my son-in-law. We are posed at the entrance to the Copper Harbor Marina on the west end of town on New Year's Eve. Winter has gone into full swing since we left a couple days after this photo was taken. The snow squalls have been rolling over Copper Harbor day after day after day, and it looks as though skiing and snowmobiling conditions are downright superb. Head on up for a weekend. Motels are open, and the Gaslight General Store, and the Pines Restaurant, the Mariner, and the Tamarack. I hear the store has an excellent wine selection of you want to add a little romance to your evenings. I'm not much for wine, so you'll have to trust second-hand reports. Lots of winter fun to be had. Don't wait. I'm making myself eager to get back up there as I write this. I just bought Logan a new pair of snowshoes. We're gonna take them for a spin down here in southern Lower Michigan this weekend. I'll post some photos of that soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great shots and commentary, Ben. As I sizzle and sweat here in tropical Panama that cool snow sure looks nice!

Rob Harrison said...

Good to see you all today, though I could have wished for a better reason. My blog is here, if you're interested; the church website is listed in the sidebar under "Other sites of interest."