Jan 4, 2008

Queen IV Dock

My sister Jo (Jocelyn) of Calumet and my wife Marsha walked with me on a cold morning in the Harbor up to the Tamarack Restaurant on the main drag. This shot was taken on December 30, I believe. We walked from my parents' place on the waterfront, on the dock and above the offices of the Isle Royale Queen IV, which is in the background of the photograph. And now you see that there is plenty of snow up at the tip of the Keweenaw right now. Go on up and enjopy it when you get a chance. There were some snowmobilers in town over the Christmas-New Year week, but not as many as I've seen in the past during this same period. And I hardly saw any cross-country skiers or snowshoers (though snowshoeing has become much more popular in recent years). Good pancakes from Bonnie and Bill at the Tamarack, as always. Good place to get breakfast in the summer before an Isle Royale day trip.

No comments: